GALE LIBRARY TRUSTEE’S MINUTES
DATE: March 14, 2007
PLACE: Gale Library
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 9:03 a.m.
ROLL CALL: Marilyn Landry, chairperson; Terry Caswell,
library director; Carol Szot, treasurer; Sally
Woodman, secretary; Irene Nally, Friend of the Library.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Read, and after a clarification concerning which ledgers were under consideration was made, it was accepted.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Read and accepted.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Read and accepted.
COMMUNICATION’S and CORRESPONDANCE:
- A letter of thanks was received from the residents of Packer
Meadows. They all seem to have enjoy the Christmas party.
- A thank you letter was sent to the Suraci Family for their gift of
- Carol Szot will email the New Hampshire Library Trustee Associ-
action for a clarification as to what the fine monies may be used
for. We will then know whether we can purchase furniture for
a new reading area.
- The policy revision is under way. It was decided to allot part of
each monthly meeting for this project.
- It has been decided to house the old library ledgers in a water-
- proof container in the cellar.
- Frank Gibbs will notify Terry on the progress of the repairs made
- to the new shed.
- On April 21, 2007, the library will hold an open house to celebrate National Library Week. There will be an Art Exhibition and refresh-
- ments will be served. A drawing for Carol Szot’s quilt will take place at one o’clock. The proceeds from the raffle will go to the Friends of the Library.
- On June 9, 2007, a book sale will be held by the Friends of the Library here in the library’s parking lot from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- The Friends of the Library are holding their meeting on the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings will commence at 7:00 p.m.
ADJOURNMENT: 10:40 a.m.