October 05, 2010
Planning Board Members Present: Don Andersen (arrived at 4:30), Michael Cole, Dan Coppelman, Leslie-Ann Morse, Tom Johnson, Lisa Panaccione, Howard Sandler (left at 5:15 pm)
Planning Board Members Absent: John Knox-Alternate, Lee Verrone-Alternate
Staff Present: Sarah Raposa-Town Planner
The Chair of the Planning Board called the meeting to order at 4:05 pm.
Town Planner informed the Board that she will be leaving at the end of the month to take a position with the Town of Westport, MA. Discussion on process and filling the position.
Community Planning Forum debriefing
The most important points that came from the Sign Code section of the forum were:
• General support for updating Sign Code & Outdoor Displays.
• Lisa will do a presentation at an upcoming Chamber of Commerce meeting
The most important points that came from the North Eastham Rezoning section of the forum were:
• Proposed projects should be done via public private partnership so that the Town doesn’t have to pay any more for it (other than paying off the Purcell parcel).
• No taxes coming from the parcel
• Turning problems into opportunities
• Bringing new perspectives to the table
• Support from Selectmen
The most important points that came from the District C Rezoning section of the forum were:
• General support, no negative reactions
The most important points that came from the Water/Wastewater section of the forum were:
• Town water opens up development opportunities which the Planning Board needs to be ahead of the game of; to be proactive, rather than reactive.
Strategies moving forward. Leslie to talk to Sheila. Mke to meet with Cape Cod Commission re: Development agreements.
• Work Session – October 19, 2010 at 4 pm
Town Planner distributed information on Open Meeting Law and Executive session and the Selectmen’s policy on Meeting Postings and Minutes.
Discussion – Section VI
Section VI worksheet & procedure. Town Planner distributed worksheet for guidance and documentation on the latitude of the Building Inspector to make determinations on nonconformities of one – and two-family dwellings. Leslie distributed proposed language outlining a procedure that the Building Inspector should follow (attached).
A MOTION to adjourn the Planning Board Meeting was made by Tom Johnson and Seconded by Leslie-Ann Morse.
The Vote: 6-0. In Favor: Andersen, Cole, Coppelman, Johnson, Morse, Panaccione
Motion Passed – Unanimous
Meeting adjourned at 6:05 p.m.
Dan Coppelman, Clerk
Eastham Planning Board