AUGUST 3, 2010
Planning Board Members Present: Don Andersen, Michael Cole, Dan Coppelman, Leslie-Ann Morse, Tom Johnson, Lisa Panaccione, Howard Sandler, John Knox-Alternate, Lee Verrone-Alternate
Staff Present: Sarah Raposa-Town Planner
Chair called the meeting to order at 4 pm & outlined protocols for the joint PB-ZBA meeting on 8/11/10.
North Eastham Village Center
Extensive discussion of whether the Planning Board wants to undertake the rezoning of the North Eastham Village Center. Issues include the purpose of the NEVC as a revenue generator for the Town; the proposal for single family residential affordable units; buy-in from the Selectmen and Administration; support by the citizens; redevelopment and revitalization of the entire District D and C zones; infrastructure; taking Holmes Road; the name.
Meet with BoS to discuss highest and best use of the Purcell Property for the people of Eastham.
• 8/11/10 4 pm – Joint Meeting with ZBA
• 8/11/10 5 pm – Regular Meeting
• 8/17/10 4 pm – Zoning Bylaw Review and Sign Code Discussion
• Try to schedule meeting with BoS for 8/25/10 at their work session
• Schedule work session in early September to iron out Community Planning Forum
• 9/8/10 5 pm – Regular Meeting
• 9/25/10 9 am – Community Planning Forum
A MOTION to adjourn the Planning Board Meeting was made by Tom Johnson and Seconded by Howard Sandler.
The Vote: 7-0. In Favor: Andersen, Cole, Coppelman, Johnson, Morse, Panaccione, Sandler
Meeting adjourned at 5:45 p.m.
Dan Coppelman, Clerk
Eastham Planning Board