GALE LIBRARY TRUSTEE’S MEETING MINUTES
DATE: April 11, 2007
PLACE: Gale Library
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 9:04 a.m.
ROLL CALL: Marilyn Landry, chairperson; Terry Caswell, library
director; Carol Szot, treasurer; Sally Woodman,
secretary; Beverly Bachelder, alt.; and Irene Nally, Friend of the Library.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Read and accepted.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Read and accepted.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Read and accepted.
COMMUNICATIONS and CORRESPONDANCE:
- A grant, approving a ‘Gates Staying Connected Technical
Support’, was received from the State of New Hampshire State Library. The
grant will give our library $600 for technical assistance allowing the
library to pay the one time set-up charge for this digital media delivery
- Page 2 of the Personnel Policy was reviewed. A current evaluation form will be attached to our section of the Policies.
- Purchasing furniture for a reading area is postponed to the September meeting.
- All but one section of the new shed has been repaired.
- Irene Nally has posted the 2007/2008 meeting dates for The Friends of The Library.
- Plans for the National Library Week Open House are progressing as planned.
- A written report about the fire alarm system has been received. It details what Phase II of this system entails. Phase II is slated to begin in the fall.
- The updated Pay Wage matrix has been reviewed.
- Amendments to the Circulation/limits section of our policies were made and voted upon. The number of new books taken out a one time has been changed from unlimited to three at a time. The wording on borrowing DVD’s and VH's has been changed from ‘per family’ to ‘per patron’.
ADJOURNMENT: 10:52 a.m.