

Official

**TOWN OF HOOKSETT  
Community Profile Committee  
Town Hall, Council Chambers  
Thursday, October 9, 2014, 6:00 pm**

**MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 6:05 P.M.**

**WELCOME AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE**

**PRESENT:** Marc Miville (Chairman), Joan McDonald, Joanne McHugh, Todd Rainier, Charlene Baxter (UNH Cooperative Extension), Sharon Cowen (UNH Cooperative Extension), Mike Horne, Matt Barrett, Sarah White, Ashley Houde, and Tom Young.

**EXCUSED:** Maura Ouellette, Andrew Zanotti, Todd Lizotte, Rob Duhaime, Trisha Guglielmo, and Patrick Guglielmo

**STAFF:** JoAnn Duffy (Town Planner) and Carolyn Cronin (Assistant Planner)

**APPROVAL OF MINUTES**

**September 25, 2014 Regular Meeting** – *T. Young motioned to approve the September 25, 2014 regular meeting minutes, with amendments. Seconded by J. McHugh. Sarah White and Ashley Houde abstained due to not being in attendance at the September 25, 2014 meeting. Motion carried.*

M. Miville: Our agenda is progressing as we are now looking for updates. I will go around the table as I did at the last meeting.

J. McDonald: I spoke with the editor of the Hooksett Banner. You had already spoken to her, however, she and I had a nice conversation and she said the article did not get in because they did not have room. They have no issues with putting anything in, they are going to include your editorial, and are going to try to get Ruth Mariana to do a profile on it and get it into the paper within the next few weeks. The editor was very nice and welcoming.

M. Miville: I have an appointment for Sunday afternoon and she is going to write a story.

J. McDonald: I have not reached out to the Union Leader, Concord Monitor, or other papers, but any other suggestions that are made I can follow up on those.

J. McHugh: I believe there is a new person for the Union Leader.

M. Miville: Yes. His name is Jay Hobson and I have spoken to him. He already wrote a story in Tuesday's Union Leader. He told me that last night at the Town Council meeting, however, I did not see

it. I saw him here at the Planning Board meeting on Monday and gave him our press release and our 8 x 11 poster. He wrote a story from that and our conversation.

M. Horne: I have done some emailing and sent out a summary to the email groups of the list that will be maintained and updated. It has information of where postcards and email notices were sent, schools, print media, and electronic signs. For the electronic signs, Barrett Insurance is all set, I sent the information to the library, and will contact Merchant's tomorrow as well as radio and TV. As different people of the committee do things it can be added to the list so multiple people are not contacting the same people unless there is a need to. I emailed a lot of the town groups, which was about 184 people and almost immediately we had 2 or 3 people sign up.

M. Miville: Mike, you and Joan both mentioned the Union Leader.

M. Horne: I was picking up on the fact that you had mentioned an article had been in the Union Leader. I did not see it.

M. Miville: Last night he told me it was in the paper yesterday, which would have been Tuesday. We will follow up on that. Maybe it was submitted and not printed. If someone sees it let us know.

M. Horne: I noticed another significant conflict. November 8 is scouting for food which will take the people from the food pantry and the scouting families out of the equation.

C. Baxter: Does that activity obligate people for the entire day?

M. Horne: It will take them from approximately 8:00am to 12:00pm.

M. Miville: It is a committee consensus that we should put a press release in the Union Leader and Concord Monitor? I have not seen The Hooksett Banner but I was told that my letter to the editor and the press release are both going in this week.

***There was a consensus to put a press release in the Union Leader and the Concord Monitor.***

C. Baxter: If anyone sends a letter to the editor of The Banner are they also sending to those two papers as well.

M. Miville: No.

C. Baxter: I would encourage sending the same letter.

J. McDonald: I understood she was going to put your editorial in.

M. Miville: Her response to me was she left it out of this past weeks paper because of size. She mentioned to me, in future press releases, to either shorten it or change what is in the article each week.

C. Baxter: You are talking about a media release and a letter to the editor as two different things?

M. Miville: Yes.

C. Baxter: My suggestion would be to send both and one or the other might get in, if not both.

T. Rainier: As far as food, the concept that I have been working on is a variety of items, not just pizza, for the dinner and the next morning something for a continental breakfast; fruit, pastry, and coffee. Because we are not doing a lunch and extending the day, I think it would be a nice touch to have enough gift cards and promotional items so that people could go out to lunch after the event if they chose to. So far, I have gotten a commitment from the 99 for a dinner item for the night of the event. I am telling managers that we are hoping for 100-125 participants. More would be great, but that is the number I am going by. He wants me to follow up. I Spoke with Ray, the manager of Market Basket, and he has committed to 6 cases of water, and for Saturday morning he will provide a cut fruit tray for 100 people. We have a contact at Pepsi and he has pushed me to another contact for a formal request. UTZ has told me we can pick up a couple of cases of a party mix for that night and after breakfast. I spoke with Jim Sullivan about the Puritan and he is going to talk to his people. His idea would be for a chicken tender tray. I am trying to solicit warm food items from businesses on this side of the river and gift cards for the residents from the other side of the river so we are not running back and forth.

J. McHugh: I spoke with Jim from Supreme and asked if anyone had been by. He said no so I explained about the Community Profile. I told him I wasn't sure what he needed, but he told me whatever I wanted. Todd has just mentioned a ziti tray and large Greek salad so I am going to back and ask.

C. Baxter: People who attend will have a great local dinner.

J. McHugh: When I was with some people today they said: "Wow we can have dinner there." I worked with Marc on trying to get the information out to the schools and was able to review what we wanted to send out and get the okay from the superintendent. One of the secretary's is making sure it is going to be sent out.

M. Miville: We are going to be doing some of that work here tonight. The flyer's are here and there are a couple of sentences in the middle specifically that mention the parents of students.

J. McHugh: I picked up some registration forms because I have people who said they would go, but if I get them to sign on the forms they will come because they are committed.

M. Horne: If there is an email address, we can send a reminder a few days before the event.

J. Duffy: I got an email from Dave Coburn. He wants more direction on what would be expected of the people from GE.

M. Miville: Should I call him again or stop in?

T. Young: Maybe an email detailing it would be better because they are going to have to pass it on to

their employees.

M. Miville: Sure. In our conversations I gave him all of the information and attached links so I am just not sure what else he is looking for. We had a conversation on the phone but I will be glad to answer any questions.

C. Baxter: There might have been two threads, because we were wondering if they had anyone that might be small group facilitators and the other was registering for the event.

J. Duffy: You can let them know that they can facilitate one or both days, the times, the date for the training to facilitate, and ask how many people. I can follow up as well.

M. Miville: I thought he was aware. If you want to follow-up with him that would be fine.

J. McHugh: Is the date for the training still the 27<sup>th</sup>?

M. Miville: Yes.

J. Duffy: Is there a time?

C. Baxter: 6:00pm to 8:00pm and we are going to feed people.

M. Miville: They are also videotaping that night for their video presentations.

S. Cowen: You can tell them if they don't feel comfortable facilitating they can scribe.

C. Cronin: I dropped some postcards at the family services office to pass out. Marc and I worked on Maura's press release draft and we worked on some language about targeting the parents of the children. I including the names of the committee members on the letter to make it more personal. There is a chance some people might recognize your names and they might be more inclined to want to reach out and participate. JoAnn and I got some names for small group facilitators from some of our Boards and Commissions and I have been keeping up with our RSVP spreadsheet. I have 12 registered for Friday and 4 for Saturday. I think as we get closer to the event and as people start to see these things in The Banner things will change. Charlene also mentioned that a lot of people that register for Friday become interested and come back on Saturday.

C. Baxter: We have seen that in other communities where people don't want to commit their whole weekend, but they come Friday night and then decide to come back. That could happen but we want to push registration as much as possible. I think we should get anxious enough to talk about it everywhere you go, have registration forms, and get people to commit.

J. McHugh: I have had some people say at the library they are taking the flyer's and using them as their bookmarks.

B. Baxter: Is the gmail account working for registrations?

M. Horne: Yes. We have a few. I did not see a lot of committee members put their names on the spreadsheet.

C. Baxter: We can do that tonight. Our experience with other communities is that people don't plan ahead these days but when we are at 3-4 weeks before we need to really push the event and people to sign up.

M. Miville: Who is coming?

C. Cronon: We would like to know who on the Steering Committee will be attending.

Attending

T. Young – Friday

M. Miville - Both

C. Cronin - Both

J. McHugh - Both

T. Rainier - Both

M. Horne – Both

J. McDonald – Both

M. Barrett – Both

M. Barrett: There are flyer's at the agency. Do you want us to put signage on our road sign?

M. Miville: Yes. I talked to Judy about that the other day and she is all set. She is going to go live with it 2-3 weeks prior to the event.

M. Barrett: Have we gone to the civic groups in town?

M. Horne: Yes.

J. McHugh: What about PTA or PTO?

M. Horne: I don't think so.

J. McHugh: I can check and let them know.

T. Young: Mike, while she is doing that, could you check to see if they have a facebook page and maybe they could post something.

M. Horne: As far as facebook, besides the people in this room there are 3 outside people who have joined or have seen the page.

S. White: I was wondering which facebook page we should be using because I went on to post something and noticed there are now 3 facebook pages. Ashley and I made one and it appears as if you made 2 others.

M. Miville: I was looking for your page and could not find it so I made one. I made mine and then found yours. I am not good at facebook and the problem is my page now has more members than your's so I don't want to delete my page.

S. White: Do you want us to keep both pages? You could also add us as administrators so we would be able to post things as well. What is the name of yours?

M. Miville: Mine is "Hooksett's Future - Community Profile."

A. Houde: You have been posting on ours as well, correct?

M. Miville: Yes.

T. Young: If you let them handle that, it will take some weight off your shoulders.

M. Miville: I apologize. I was getting requests from people to join and was not sure what I had done.

S. White: As far as child care, I went to the head of the Key Club to request child care and then I went to the President and she had already been asked about it by someone else.

M. Miville: That was me. As I was talking to Judy Barrett about the sign, she is also a Key Club adviser at Central, and I expressed some confusion about the child care so she said she would mention it because she goes to the same board meetings.

S. White: She came up to me yesterday, because we had a meeting, and said that I must be the one who is on the Board for Community Profile.

M. Miville: Yes. I mentioned your name.

S. White: Yes, and I introduced myself and we started talking about it. The President of the Key Club told me they need to get permission for me to speak at the meeting because I am not on the Board, but if she gets permission I will be able to speak to get volunteers as well as recruit people from Hooksett that are a part of Key Club.

A. Houde: Did any one who registered request child care yet?

J. McHugh: Once we put it out to the schools a lot of those parents might sign up.

S. White: They said they would talk about it at their next board meeting and they would let me know if I will be able to speak for not, which they think I probably will be able to. They just need to get permission. How many people are you looking to recruit?

C. Baxter: I would say 4 or 5. If there a a lot of kids you may put them in age groups and have a couple of people in each group.

J. McDonald: They might be able to help with other duties as well. The Builders Club and NJHS at

Cawley is always looking for volunteer opportunities as well.

M. Miville: Are you thinking shifts or will they spend the whole day?

A. Houde: With shifts we could get more people involved.

M. Miville: As you are scheduling you can get a grasp of what they have in mind.

A. Houde: So probably not more than 5 at a time.

C. Baxter: In Peterborough we were in the cafeteria for the food and there was an area that was part of the cafeteria that was a wing where the children were. They went into the gym as well.

J. McHugh: They will have to be in the cafeteria because there is no food allowed in the gym, but the gym might be a viable place for the children to run around.

M. Miville: The room across the cafeteria is about half the size of this room.

J. Duffy: Usually they will have coloring and movies.

S. White: I have some things at home I can bring.

M. Miville: I think there is a TV in that room, but I am not sure about a DVD player.

C. Baxter: The volunteers could bring some activities and movies as well.

T. Young: Sometimes the Kiwanis have crafts left over from Old Home Day that maybe they could donate if the Key Club feels it is an option depending on the age you are supervising.

M. Barrett: I few have those things that are in our storage facility.

J. McHugh: I failed to mention that Todd Lizotte committed to being a facilitator. I am not sure about which days. Amy is also committed but she did not say to what role.

M. Miville: Who are going to be facilitators here?

M. Barrett: I will be a facilitator.

C. Baxter: Carolyn, are you going to keep a master list?

C. Cronon: Yes, I will have a list and add it to the spreadsheet so we know which days for which people.

C. Baxter: We have a great training for the small group discussion leaders. It is hands-on and interactive. We need 22 people to be facilitators and scribes. There are 11 groups and each group needs a facilitator and a scribe and they can trade off if they choose to. I believe there will be 4 from Cooperative Extension. If any of you have an obligation already from the Committee such as food,

don't volunteer, but you can come to the training. I think about half of the Committee would be able to facilitate or scribe.

S. White: Ashley and I are interested as facilitator and scribe. We can switch off but it is good for leadership and public speaking.

M. Miville: Your name is on here. I will add Ashley.

T. Young: Are you saying the 2 of you or other people from Key Club?

S. White: The 2 of us but if you need more I could definitely ask the Key Club members to see if they are interested.

M. Miville: The idea tonight is to see how many we have and then we will know how many more we need and at that point go out and seek others.

J. McHugh: We have Becky Burke for Friday.

M. Miville: I contacted Tabitha Jennings said she can do it Saturday. Friday she would be late. I told her we would start facilitating around 6:30pm.

C. Baxter: Moving into small groups is at 7:45pm. She has to come to the training and after we have the training I will pass the draft agenda around. If we get people's emails we can do a reminder the Friday before and that Monday of the small group training.

A. Houde: To be a scribe do you have to commit to both days?

M. Miville: No.

A. Houde: I may be able to only do Friday.

M. Miville: Do we have anyone else?

C. Cronin: Dick Marshall and Muamer Durakovic from the Planning Board have each committed to do a day.

J. Duffy: Mr. Marshall was Friday only and Mr. Durokovic said either one was fine.

C. Cronon: Steve Couture, the Conservation Commission Chairman, said he would not mind facilitating but he also wants to participate. I can talk to him to see what he has in mind.

C. Baxter: On Friday night we need 22 hands-on people. That includes volunteers, town employees, and a couple of people from UNH Cooperative Extension. On Saturday, some of the people that were facilitating Friday night won't have to facilitate and they can be involved in the discussion if they choose to. On Saturday there will be fewer groups because we are starting to narrow things down. I encourage people, if they are weighing Friday night or Saturday to facilitate or scribe, to choose Friday.



It would be great to have 25 or 26 people here on that Monday night in case something comes up to have back-up.

J. Duffy: We have possibly the 2 people from GE.

M. Miville: The full list as of right now is: Becky Burke, Tabitha Jennings, Dick Marshall, Steve Couture, Carolyn Cronin, Deb Miville, Muamer Durakovic, Todd Lizotte, Matt Barrett, Sarah White, Ashley Houde, UNH Coop Ext., and GE.

T. Young: Would it be possible that you could maintain the status of who has been contacted so that we are not contacting the same people. I have not seen a list of who is interested.

S. Cowen: If you get someone it would be helpful to give it to Carolyn so she can maintain the list.

T. Young: It may be helpful because if someone sees that they know someone else is going they may be more inclined to go and may have friends or associates that may be interested in doing something like this for the town.

C. Baxter: The training makes people feel comfortable.

M. Miville: Could you please comment about facilitators also being able to provide feedback at the same time.

C. Baxter: One of our colleagues is going to do that training on October 27. There are tools we give people in terms of techniques where they can facilitate but do not give up the opportunity to put in their own feedback. If there is something you really want to say, you could say something like, "I am going to take off my facilitator hat and I want to offer something as a resident of Hooksett." Then put your facilitator hat back on. People don't abandon the opportunity to offer their input. We know the people you are recruiting to be facilitators also have a lot of passion, care deeply about the community, and are leaders in some way. I wrote down about 13 or 14 names.

C. Cronon: Are you thinking 4 from UNH Cooperative? I have approximately 17.

C. Baxter: Yes. It would be good to get up to 25.

M. Miville: If anyone has any names in mind, let's fill that up. JoAnn, when you call Mr. Coburn you can tell him we could use at least 3.

S. White: Some of the people on the Key Club Board are very good at getting people's ideas and opinions because it is something they do on a daily basis. If you need people I can talk to them.

M. Miville: Okay. Let us know.

C. Cronin: I asked JoAnn and Carolyn about town employees, especially those who don't live in Hooksett, because they are very objective.

J. Duffy: I brought it up at the last department head meeting and Dean emphasized that it was important they try and participate. I will bring it up again.

C. Baxter: I mean facilitate, not participate.

M. Barrett: Has anyone reached out to the Hooksett Chamber of Commerce?

J. Duffy: I notified them that this is happening. They have an meeting in a couple of weeks I am going to because I am on their Board.

M. Miville: I will be meeting the Hooksett-ites tomorrow morning.

C. Baxter: It would be great to have as many people as possible on October 27 at the training and then divide responsibilities from there. It is great to have too many rather than too few at the training.

M. Miville: Carolyn and I made 4,000 postcards and we have around 1,800 left. 1,500 flyer's are behind me for the school department. Should we submit the postcards and flyer's at the same time, or do another mailing 2 weeks from now?

C. Baxter: What types of things actually get into the parents hands? I think it is a great idea, if possible, to send it 2 different times.

J. McHugh: The superintendent of schools has already agreed that can go out. The secretary's in each school will make sure the staff gets whatever they need.

M. Miville: The children are used to bringing them home every week. They have a packet that goes to the parents and the parents now expect that. Since we have the flyer's and postcards should we send them out at the same time or do you want to do one and double up two weeks from now?

S. Cowen: Split them up and the second one will keep it fresh in their minds.

J. McDonald: What do we have that we can leave around town?

J. McHugh: We have posters.

C. Baxter: Do you need more of anything?

M. Miville: There were 380 left after the 1,500 are gone. Do we need more? I will be passing more out tomorrow at the Hooksett-ites. This is now at the 3 supermarkets and at the library and schools.

C. Baxter: I think the flyer will visually draw people in, so is that what you make more of?

J. McDonald: Is that available electronically?

M. Miville: Yes. There is a pdf file.

J. McDonald: Could we send it out to the entire Kiwanis membership?

M. Miville: Yes. Carolyn can you send it to the group.

S. White: At Key Club, they mentioned that at the next Kiwanis Club meeting they need 2 Key Club members to go and represent Key Club. Ashley and I are both in Key Club so maybe we could go and talk about this.

A. Houde: We just have to talk to the Board members.

C. Baxter: That would really send the message of the involvement of young people.

M. Miville: Especially Kiwanis because they are all about children. No one needs permission to talk to anyone about this. Spread the word.

A. Houde: Are there extra handouts to take?

T. Young: I will have some at the meeting.

C. Baxter: Don't worry this message might get old because people will need to see this many times before they might decide they want to go.

C. Cronin: If anyone needs flyer's ask me and I can print them and give them to you. If you want the file I can email you the pdf's.

C. Baxter: Could you please email it to me because the people at UNH are going to do some media stories about this.

M. Miville: This could be put in business windows.

M. Horne: Could we put one in the glass doors coming in at Town Hall?

C. Cronin: We need to ask.

J. McHugh: We never picked a final spot to put the other banner.

T. Rainier: I gave it to Phil and he was going to put it up for football season.

J. McHugh: I will be there Sunday.

T. Young: Saturday, the 25th is the soccer at Petersbrook and that will have 600-700 children and a lot of parents.

M. Miville: Could someone be there and pass out flyer's?

M. Barrett: Kiwanis has a table.

T. Young: Can we have one of the big posters there just for the day?

C. Cronin: If you want to decide to send the cards to the schools that is all of the cards. I can't guarantee I can print those immediately because we have to order card stock.

J. McHugh: For the time being we could use what we have and make more for the reminders for the schools because those will go out in a couple of weeks.

T. Young: We can do 1,000 for Petersbrook and try to have volunteers from Key Club or Builders Club for Saturday, October 25.

C. Baxter: It looks like there is a lot of white space. Should you add a sign up on the flyer? Sometimes if people see a sign-up opportunity they will sign up right away.

C. Cronin: We could do sideways tabs at the bottom.

M. Miville: So the answer is yes, we need more postcards and flyers.

C. Baxter: You want to limit last minute sign ups. You want to focus on really pushing the sign up's the week of the 27<sup>th</sup>. I think we may have said to register by November 1 to help you plan.

M. Miville: Let's get back to the school flyer. I have all of them here separated by school. From the school board meeting I asked the principals if they would prefer 25 per packet for each classroom. That way they could be distributed easily. Tonight, as a committee, if we could we separate them into groups of 25 that would be helpful.

T. Young: Mr. Chair, what you are saying is the school will be taken care of and print off some additional cardstock for one week to a week and a half from this date and that will be used for the Peterbrook soccer?

M. Miville: If we sort these tonight and I give them to Joanne she can bring them to the schools. If this is presented for next weeks mailing, we will get this out for this coming week and two weeks from now we will do the others. In the meantime, we will borrow the ones from school and print the new ones.

T. Young: I think Carolyn needs direction as to when she needs the card stock.

M. Miville: How long does it take to get cardstock?

C. Cronin: I need to plan ahead because I print these on our town copier. It takes hours so I want to plan to be fair to the other employees.

M. Miville: Maybe you could send an email out to ask if someone would come to help cut them. For those people who are going out to facilitate businesses, when I brought the brochure to Shaws, and spoke to the assistant manager he asked if we had a tax id number so I came to town hall because I wasn't sure. We do have a tax id number and we can provide it to them if they would like it. Donna

mentioned that they send a letter out to the businesses, after the fact, to thank them for their participation and on that is the tax id attached to the letter.

C. Baxter: Whenever you are doing a letter to the editors, a media release, something on an electronic bulletin board, or something with businesses, we would appreciate it if you would mention UNH Cooperative extension. I think it helps because it sends a message that it is neutral and objective.

M. Miville: All town organizations are well aware of this. Road signs are all set. I spoke to Ken Henderson who is the tech director of the school district. He is setting up the video system for us. He has programmed the times and dates into the system already. There is a drop wire that comes from the ceiling the the cafeteria. He said he won't be there but it will be ready to go.

J. McHugh: He said if you came over he would train you and get you set up?

M. Miville: I believe he did say that. That will tie in with Sarah and Ashley. Since we are doing live stream we will also activate the texting and twitter.

C. Baxter: We have an administrative assistant who is in the Goffstown office who is going to come and take pictures. When we did this in Peterborough she did some tweeting. If that would be helpful she is willing to do that.

M. Miville: If Sarah and Ashley are facilitating they won't have time to manage the tweet and text so we will need someone to manage that.

S. White: If you give me her name on twitter I can make her an administrator for the twitter page and she can live tweet from the Community Profile page.

M. Miville: I am assuming part of the introduction that night will be recognizing everyone who is potentially watching on video and giving them the twitter information and email address they can use to access the text.

C. Baxter: In the draft handout I just sent around, Sharon and I have taken your preferences about adjusting the schedule to come up with a proposal. This would have people start to arrive at 5:30pm.

T. Young: Can we add buffet dinner provided.

C. Baxter: Yes. People will start to arrive at 5:30pm. At 6:15pm Marc and Charlie French will welcome people. At 6:30pm Brian Baer will do the historical overview, because Kathy Northrup is not available, which is a glance at Hooksett's past and what it looks like today demographically, which will probably include a few slides. He may use some old photographs. Charlie French will do the next part about what Hooksett looks like now and what do people want Hooksett to be like in the future. That is a very interactive process. From 6:15pm-7:30pm people are together and interacting. We will present what the 11 components are. The components are what the National Civic League believes makes a healthy community. These are the outline for the topics that your small groups will talk about. There

will be an opportunity for door prizes before people go into small groups from 7:50pm until 9:00pm and the facilitators and scribes will be working with the people. We have the facilitators and scribes bring the easels, which they have taken their notes on, into the cafeteria. The next morning we will start at 8:00am in order to finish at 1:00pm. There will be morning refreshments and check-in and then you can see how the morning plays out. There will be small and large groups. The large group is together at 8:30am and then goes into small groups and talks about issues they have started to identify. People get back together at 11:30am and stay together until 1:00pm, at which point, we talk about next steps and do door prizes. People will leave at 1:00pm with coupons in hand to go to lunch. I think the coupons for lunch is a great idea.

T. Young: Could we put the names of the people of who are in charge of doing what on the document and then everyone will know who to go to?

C. Baxter: Yes and we are in good shape to do that.

T. Young: I am interested in what is happening in between. I know that was a difficult part the last time because the groups broke up at different times. There were people floating around not knowing what to do. It is important to have certain people in charge of certain things.

C. Baxter: I will be floating around the whole time in terms of someone to go to. This is also for name recognition of who is participating. The names of the entire Steering Committee will be on the program as well.

J. McHugh: I think it is a great idea to assign names but think because Marc is going to be opening it up that he should be the go to person and not have any more responsibilities. His responsibility will be the as the one to direct people on what to do.

C. Baxter: Marc said he would be the default on taking pictures, but I said that would not be a good idea because that piles too much on. We will all share responsibilities and it will go well. Cooperative extension will also do some videotaping probably at the meeting on the 23<sup>rd</sup>, at the small group discussion leader training on the 27<sup>th</sup>, and at the event because we are producing a new Community Profile video.

M. Miville: The food is progressing. I want to talk about the business involvement. For sponsorships for door prizes, raffles, and food you are handling that. I have mentioned to some businesses that I have been at that someone will be coming to talk to them about donations. However, I mentioned it at the place where I got a haircut the other day, Dude's barbershop, and they are willing to donate a packet of hair care products. As I am out there, I want to make sure I am covering my bases as well. I want to make sure if anyone is visiting any business, send a message out to Carolyn and/or myself to let us know where you have been so we don't go to the same ones. Communication is becoming more urgent and important, at this point, so we are not going to the same places.

T. Young: Marc, will you be sending out a spreadsheet on a regular basis that details where you have

gone and have others be able to add to it?

M. Miville: I think mutual communication at this point is important. We can not talk, make decisions, or discuss and deliberate on email, but we can send a message to Carolyn.

M. Horne: You can send a message to [hooksettsfuture@gmail.com](mailto:hooksettsfuture@gmail.com).

M. Miville: I have been handing them to Carolyn.

M. Horne: If Carolyn wants to do it that is fine. I've got the one for publicity so people can tell me about that one and I can add to it and periodically send it to everyone when I get input.

M. Miville: Martha Gagnon from Mathnasium will provide three gift certificates for one hour classes and Dude's barbershop will provide a gift basket. I am telling the businesses the tax id will be sent to them and I am also asking them if they have the ability to print out their own gift certificates.

T. Rainier: Charlene mentioned door prizes and I don't see anyone in charge of that.

C. Baxter: I was going to suggest that Maura and Joanne might think about giving a ticket out when people come through registration.

T. Rainier: How are we going to get the door prizes beforehand?

M. Miville: I asked Matt to work on that, but I would like to contribute because that is a huge task and if anyone else would like to help we can divide areas where each person can go.

C. Baxter: Did you say that you had already gotten some door prizes?

M. Miville: I got some from Old Home Day and I feel I need to do those because I already spoke with them.

T. Rainier: I don't want to double up with food either. Maybe a good or a service would be great for a door prize and stay away from food so the food committee can approach those businesses.

M. Miville: You have the supermarkets, restaurants and pizza places, correct.

T. Rainier: That would be great.

M. Miville: There are a lot of businesses that want to promote themselves and we want to promote them as well.

C. Baxter: Marc, are you willing to be the clearinghouse because you know what you have done and if others have approached businesses already to let you know.

M. Miville: That's fine.

J. McHugh: If people have relationships with businesses they should make it known because it might be easier for them to ask those places.

C. Baxter: Send Marc and email to keep the information flow going because that makes everyone look professional.

M. Miville: I think we need to communicate more and approach some of the businesses on a faster pace. Donna showed me a letter from BJ's where they contributed in the past so we could go there as well. If you have a relationship with a business let everyone know.

C. Baxter: Please keep track of sponsors because they are going to be recognized.

A. Houde: So we are staying away from restaurants?

M. Miville: Yes, that is for the food.

T. Rainier: Feel free to approach Dunkin Donuts as there are so many of them.

A. Houde: I work at Blake's so I could see if they could do something.

M. Miville: That would be great.

M. Barrett: How are we giving them away?

C. Baxter: People have to be there to get a prize.

M. Miville: When I was at a function in January they made a list of all of the raffle items and gave it to everyone. As people went up with their ticket they announced which one they were taking.

C. Baxter: When it is that close to the end this has to go fast.

T. Young: May I make a recommendation that during the session, someone draws the numbers, writes the number down and the gift, and puts the number on the gift.

C. Baxter: The part I love about seeing this done is the energy. There is cheering and excitement when you get people in the large group. There is some value in that energy. It also sounds like you are generating a generous list of door prizes.

T. Young: What you want to remind the people that stay is that we are going to call it at a certain time so that any gift not taken, there will be an additional drawing.

M. Miville: Charlene has door prizes on each night.

C. Baxter: Yes and that is to get people to stay.

M. Miville: I am not sure how many prizes we will be able to generate but, hopefully, we have enough



to go around. I will work on that myself this week and would like help so please communicate if you will be doing that as well.

C. Baxter: The Steering Committee checklist and time-line is a good guide. Take a look at that to see if you are on track.

M. Barrett: I can talk to a lot of people at the Hooksett Chamber of Commerce to see if they can offer anything.

C. Baxter: Marc had wondered if we needed to add a meeting on October 16.

M. Miville: I am open if necessary.

C. Baxter: I think we are in good shape with the facilitators and food. It is up to you. We need all of the details by the 23<sup>rd</sup>, but I think if you keep emailing you should be fine.

M. Miville: I just asked to keep everyone up to date. What are everyone's thoughts about getting updates or can we wait two weeks?

***The consensus was not to have a formal meeting next week but to communicate.***

C. Baxter: I would like to schedule a meeting in December. We will commit to having the report done.

T. Young: Are you asking for an additional meeting?

C. Baxter: Yes, in December. We don't have to decide it now, just to be aware. I know I told you your commitment would end at the event, but I would think you would want to be the first ones to see the results.

M. Miville: I have a lot of Budget Committee meetings in December.

C. Baxter: We can pick another night besides Thursday and we can decide that later.

T. Young: So what you asking is to check to see if a room is available around that time period?

C. Baxter: Yes.

J. McHugh: We need to check Marc's availability as well.

***M. Horne motioned to adjourn. Seconded by J. McHugh. Motion carried unanimously.***

Meeting adjourned at 7:51 pm.

**Respectfully submitted by,**

**AnnMarie White**  
**Recording Clerk**